I prefer using the medium-sized prawns because to me, the taste and texture are better than the larger ones. But of course, use the size that you prefer.
One last note, if you have the time, allow the prawns to marinate in the sauce (in the refrigerator) for a few hours before baking. Even though the butter will harden, the other ingredients will infuse into your prawns. Plus it makes dinner time just that much easier because the prep work is done in advance.
- 1 lb. medium prawns (roughly 20-30 per pound)
- 6 T butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 3 T dry white wine (i.e. chardonnay)
- 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 T lemon juice
- Shell and devein shrimp. Rinse and drain.
- Melt butter. Turn off heat. Pour into bowl.
- Add to the melted butter: garlic, dijon, wine, parsley and lemon juice. Mix together. Add prawns.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate or place in baking dish.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Take them out of the oven to stir and check for doneness. Continue doing this every 2-3 minutes until prawns are no longer grayish in color, and instead are white. Don't overcook or you'll end up with rubber shrimp. *so sad!* Total cooking time will probably be somewhere between 10-15 minutes depending on prawn size.