This glazed pork roast is special enough for Easter, but easy enough that you aren't in the kitchen all day, too. Make the glaze a day or two in advance to save you even more time.
Apricot, Orange, and Rosemary Glazed Pork Roast
- 1 - 3lb pork loin roast, trimmed
- 1 t salt
- 3/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 C dried apricots, chopped
- 1 T fresh orange zest
- 2 T honey
- 3/4 C filtered water
- 1/4 C dry sherry
- 1 ½ T fresh minced rosemary leaves
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle your roast all over with salt and pepper and place it in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- To make the glaze, combine all the glaze ingredients in a saucepan.
- While stirring, bring to a boil and cook over med-low heat until well combined and thickened to the consistency of a slightly runny jam.
- Use about 1/3 of your sauce mixture to glaze your pork roast. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Place glazed roast in the oven and roast, uncovered, about 75-90 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads 155 degrees F.
- Remove roast from oven, tent with foil, and let stand about 20 minutes before slicing.