One other thing. Don't feel that you have to stuff your turkey... really. Some of us folks just think that's gross. Just sayin'.
Celery & Apple Dressing
- 4 C dried bread cubes (dried in dehydrator or in a 200 degree oven)
- ½ small bunch celery including leaves, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 T butter
- 2 t sage
- ½ t thyme
- ½ t parsley
- 2 C chicken broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté celery, onions, and apples in butter until softened.
- Place dried bread cubes in a large bowl. Add sautéed mixture and spices. Mix.
- Add enough chicken broth to sufficiently moisten. Correct seasoning.
- Bake at 350 degrees 30-45 minutes or until heated through.