has never met a bean he didn't like. So I'm always on the hunt for great baked bean recipes to serve at barbecues this time of year.
This recipe was a winner with the whole family. Hope you like it, too!
- 2 cans or 1 quart jar Great Northern beans
- 6 pieces of bacon, sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sucanat or brown sugar
- Place beans into crock pot.
- In a saucepan, combine bacon, onion, syrup, salt, pepper, dry mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and sucanat. Bring to a boil.
- Pour mixture over beans. Mix together. Cover.
- Leave in crock pot for about 2 hours on low. If beans seem to have too much liquid, remove the lid about halfway through cooking. If too dry, add more liquid if necessary.