Tuesday, May 29, 2012

True Confessions: Falling off the Menu Planning Wagon and More

Sometimes I am soooooo organized.  Other times?  Not.  For the last few weeks, you've witnessed the "not".

It all started when I was doing a juice cleanse.  As a matter of fact, that's when I got behind in a lot of things.  Things just seemed to pile up...and up...and up.  When I was juicing, I was trying not to think too much about food.  Needless to say, my dear hubby and kiddos were glad when I stopped my cleanse.

Regardless, I've just been challenged to start my menu planning again.  Maybe because I've just been a little scattered in my thinking.  Take a look at what I've been up to.  What do you think?


  • We got a dozen Cornish Rock chickens (oh my, such dirty little things), raised them for two months, took them on their field trip to the butcher a couple weekends ago, AND got six more chicks for laying last week.  
  • We planted our garden and are enjoying watching the plants sprout.  How satisfying it is!  We did use the Square Foot Gardening idea.  Note to self:  Don't let hubby help plant seeds if he is unsupervised.  He doesn't stick to the plan and I'm not quite sure what is growing where.
  • We finished school for the year.  Now I'm trying to keep the little gems busy.  They are quickly learning not to say the words "I'm bored" because that only means Mom's response will be a suggestion of something they can clean.
  • We've begun exploring northern Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands with our boat and learning the important stuff about tides, water depths, and more.  When you have a small boat you gotta be extra careful!
  • I'm learning more about sourdough and lacto-ferments.  (I promise to share!)
  • Got my Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) and am taking a self-defense class at our local gun range as I mentioned in Monday's post.  (As a matter of fact, my hubby got me a Springfield XD Subcompact 9mm for Mothers Day.  What a romantic cuss!)
  • Am considering painting the interior of the house...if I could just settle on the colors.  Thankfully no one but the family sees my master bedroom where there are currently four different paint samples on the walls. 
  • Will hopefully get around to Spring Cleaning before summer hits.  Or maybe not.
By listening, I hope you feel better just in case you are one of the not-so-completely-together-people, too?  I know I feel better.  Thanks for listening to my confession.

No comments:

Post a Comment