Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rebooting My Body - Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

No, I'm not nearly dead.  Or sick.  Fat?  Well, I could shed a few pounds. 

So why am I writing this post?

A few weeks ago on a rainy Saturday when everyone was gone and I was left at home alone to my own devices, I watched a food/health documentary titled "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" on Neflix

You don't know anything about me if you don't know that I love watching this kind of stuff and this movie was no exception.

The film is about Joe Cross, an entertaining Aussie who is overweight, on several prescription medications, and decides to try to change his life by drinking the juice of vegetables and fruits for 60 days.  During his 60 day journey, which he does here in the States, he talks with people that he meets about what he is doing, his health and theirs.

At some point he meets a morbidly obese truck driver by the name of Phil Staples.  Phil has the same rare auto-immune disorder Joe has and Joe offers to help Phil.  (Pics of Phil below.)


Hard to believe it's the same guy, huh? 

What is cool about these guys is that they want to help people to "reboot" their taste buds, bodies...and their lives. 

I went to http://www.jointhereboot.com/index.php?lang=au to get more information about maybe starting my own "reboot" and found lots of recipes and ideas. 

Well, I was so inspired by the movie that we bought ourselves a juicer and for the past three weeks I've been juicing and eating just fruits and veggies.  The one thing that appealed to me the most was that I didn't have to do this in any particular way, and that I could include eating  fruits and veggies in addition to drinking juice.  I decided for me, that doing this Monday thru Friday was best, giving me the weekend to eat with my family.  I don't go crazy on the weekends and I do tend to watch what I eat, but I liked the idea of being able to still have friends over for dinner on the weekends or being able to go out and not be a party pooper.

Although I have lost some weight, what I've noticed most is that my thinking is clearer, I have great energy, and I have just a sense of well-being.  In addition, foods (especially fruits and veggies) taste so differently.  I'm really happy with the results.

So if this sounds interesting to you, take a look at the film.  If you are on prescription drugs, go talk to your doc.  Get a juicer.  Head out and get some fresh veggies and fruits.  And bon appetit!

Good on ya, mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment