Monday, April 2, 2012

Menu Monday, April 2

It's been a strange morning.  I woke up to some really strange sounds...gurgling sounds...you know, like someone's stomach really going for it.  It wasn't coming from me.  It wasn't coming from my hubby.

Finally in my sleep induced stupor I realized where it was coming from.  It was coming from the dog.

Did she not get fed last night?  No, I remember she did.  Hmmm...? 

Well, she is laying here by my feet and the gurgling, although it has slowed, continues.  I'll be watching her closely, if you know what I mean.

On that lovely note, here's what's on our menu for the week.  I know, it would have sounded a lot more appetizing if I hadn't shared...you know...about the dog.

Oh, one last thing.  I've been juicing and eating only fruits and veggies for the past couple of weeks, so you see a lot of leftovers on the menu.  I'll be writing about this little adventure soon, I promise!

Monday:
Breakfast – Oatmeal w/ strawberries
Lunch – Leftover lasagna 
Dinner - Potato bean soup, toast, carrot sticks
Tuesday:
Breakfast – Fried eggs, banana bread, berry kefir smoothies 
Lunch – Leftovers
Dinner – More leftovers

 
Wednesday:
Breakfast – Cinnamon bread french toast
Lunch – Baked potatoes with cheese, raw veggies & fruit
Dinner – Hamburger patties, potato wedges, spinach & romaine salad

 
Thursday:
Breakfast – Oatmeal w/ blueberries
Lunch - Tuna melts, veggies & fruit
Dinner -  Pulled pork on soaked whole wheat buns, organic corn chips, fruit salad 


Friday:
Breakfast – Baked soaked oatmeal
Lunch – Leftovers
Dinner – Easy cheesy mac & cheese, nitrate-free hot dogs (from Trader Joe's), green salad
 
Saturday:
Breakfast –  Soaked whole wheat pancakes w and maple syrup
Lunch – Cheese & apples, kefir smoothies
Dinner – Fish, sprouted wheat berry Italian salad, caesar salad
 
Easter Sunday:
Breakfast – Scrambled eggs with sausage, soaked whole wheat cinnamon rolls
Lunch - Honey maple glazed ham & carrots, creamed potatoes, fruit salad, spinach salad, mock King's Hawaiian rolls, homemade cranberry sauce, green beans  
Dinner – Buttered popcorn made with coconut oil, kombucha

No comments:

Post a Comment