Simple Leek Soup
- 2-3 leeks, white & light green portions only
- Purified water
- 1/2 C whole milk or cream
- Optional: chives or thinly sliced green onions
- Split leeks halfway down the middle and rinse well.
- Slice leeks into about 1/2” slices.
- Place into sauce pan and add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. (If using a traditional blender, blend in small batches to avoid getting burned.)
- Add milk or cream. Allow to warm but not boil as this will cause the milk to curdle.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve. Garnish with a drizzle of cream, chives and freshly ground pepper.