Gives me the chills just thinking about it.
Simple Salisbury Steak
- Equivalent of 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/3 C dry bread crumbs
- ¼ C finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ C sliced fresh mushrooms
- Mix ¼ C soup with beef, bread crumbs, onion, and egg.
- Shape into 6-8 oval patties.
- Over medium-high heat, brown patties on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, saute mushrooms.
- Add remaining soup to mushrooms.
- Return patties to same skillet. Cover and finish cooking on low for 15-20 minutes or until patties are done.
- Serve patties with mushroom sauce spooned over.