Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 C whole milk, preferably raw
- 2-3 T roasted pumpkin or squash, pureed
- 2-3 T maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- scant 1/8 t nutmeg
- scant 1/8 t cloves
- scant 1/8 t allspice
- 1-2 shots of espresso (about ¼ cup) or ½ cup strong coffee
- whipped cream sweetened with maple syrup (optional)
- Combine milk and pumpkin in a sauce pan. Whisk to blend thoroughly. (I use my immersion blender to blend pumpkin and about 1/2 C milk so that it is totally combined and no lumps.)
- Add the spices and simmer until heated.
- Add sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Place the espresso or coffee in a cup.
- Add enough pumpkin mixture to fill the cup almost to the top.