Sunday, January 19, 2014

Menu Monday, January 20

http://thehealthyeatingsite.com/wp-content/uploads/green-smoothie-aug10.jpg
I started "food combining" last Tuesday.  After the holidays, I just felt like something was a little"off" with me, so I decided to give this a try.  The concept is that for optimum digestion, you should avoid eating certain foods together and focus on getting lots (and lots) of great veggies, primarily green, into your meals.  

By Thursday, I was already feeling better.  I had more energy and just felt "lighter"... do you know what I mean?  Although I'm not doing this to lose weight, that wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Anyhoo, although Monday & Saturday's meals don't follow food combining concepts, the rest of the week does.  On those days, I'll just skip the bread or potato.

Breakfast Green smoothie heavily based on this recipe  (My 12-year old daughter loves these!)
Lunch: Large salad with some type of meat, cheese, or egg
Snack: Banana slices topped with almond butter or chia seed pudding made with homemade coconut milk

Dinner: 
Monday: Spaghetti; french bread; Caesar salad
Tuesday: Parmesan crusted chicken*; roasted carrots; mixed veggie salad with vinaigrette
Wednesday: Cauliflower crusted pizza* with Italian sausage, peppers, olives & mushrooms; green salad
Thursday: Baked pork chops; browned butter vegetables*; salade de carrottes
Friday: Hamburger patties; cauliflower poppers*; mixed veggie salad with vinaigrette
Saturday: BBQ steak; baked potatoes; broccoli salad
Sunday: Dinner out

Dessert:  In case I'm jonesin' for something sweet, I love that I don't feel like I can't have a little dessert.  So on my menu this week are a few pieces of dark chocolate or a small scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream after dinner, or if I wait 3-4 hours, these Detox Blonde Macaroons are heavenly!

*These are new recipes I'm trying or perfecting.  I hope to have a lot to share with you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment