But, you are smarter than that, aren't you.
Yup. I knew it.
Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 C sprouted soft whole wheat flour
- 4 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 3/4 t salt
- 4 T very cold butter
- 1 C cold buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut butter into small chunks. Place into bowl with flour mixture.
- With fingers and working quickly so the butter doesn't melt, pinch or rub pieces of butter into the flour mixture until it all looks like crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of the flour/butter mixture and pour in the chilled buttermilk. Stir just until the dough comes together. The dough will be VERY sticky.
- Turn dough onto a well-floured counter; dust top of dough with flour. Gently fold dough over on itself 5-6 times. Press into a 1' thick round. Cut biscuits with a 3" round cutter or a glass wide-mouth canning jar.
- Place cut biscuits on cookie sheet so they just touch. Reform scraps, working as little as possible and continue cutting.
- Bake until biscuits are a light golden color on top, approx. 15-20 minutes.