Count yourself lucky that I'm a woman of few words today.
- 4-5 C fresh broccoli florets
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1/3 C red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 C almonds, coarsely chopped
- 3 T raisins
- 1 C homemade mayonnaise
- 3 T red or white wine vinegar
- 2 T turbinado (I like to use turbinado because it offers sweetness without any other flavors)
- Wash broccoli. Drain well. Cut into bit-sized pieces.
- Cut bacon into 1/4" thin strips width-wise. Fry until crispy. Remove bacon bits from pan and drain, reserving bacon grease.
- Toast chopped almonds in bacon grease. Drain.
- Place broccoli, fried bacon bits, red onion, toasted almonds, and raisins in bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, wine vinegar and turbinado.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at at least 4 hours to allow flavors to draw through...overnight is even better yet.