These little tidbits are so wonderful. If you don't like blue cheese, you may stuff them with chevre or a mild, young blue cheese.
Bacon-Wrapped Dated with Blue Cheese
Makes about 32 appetizers
- 1 lb. sliced bacon, cut in half long-wise
- 1 lb. Medjool dates, pitted
- 4 oz. blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F .
- Slice dates in half, and open them up. Pinch off pieces of blue cheese, and place them into the center of the dates. Close the halves of the dates, and wrap a half-slice of bacon around the outside. Secure each one with a toothpick. Arrange in a baking dish or on a baking sheet with sides to catch any grease.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bacon is crisp. Turn dates over after the first 20 minutes for even cooking.