Monday, February 24, 2014

Julia Child's French Omelets & Menu Monday, February 24

I first learned how to make omelets last year when I had borrowed a bunch of Julia Child's "French Chef" DVD's from our local library.   My family thought it was funny that I'd sit at the computer and watch her... until they started tasting wonderful things like gratin dauphinois, mousse au chocolat, and French-style sauteed vegetables like "best ever" broccoli.  

Back to omelets.  They are relatively easy to make, economical, as well as nourishing.  I love to make omelets as a way to use up leftovers.  

The other day, one of my gems mentioned that it's been a while since I made them.  So, here they are on this week's menu.

By the way, although my omelets don't look as beautiful as Julia's, they aren't too bad... all using an 8" cast iron skillet.


Dinner: 
MondayOmelets with creamed spinach; salade de carrottes; fried potatoes
Tuesday: Cajun chicken wings; mushroom risotto; Caesar salad
Wednesday: Pork chops; mashed garlic cauliflower; green beans with bacon 
Thursday: Hamburger patties with avocado slices; brown rice; browned butter sauteed carrot & spinach medley
Friday: Salad with vinaigrette; fresh fish; red potatoes; sauteed fresh vegetables; detox macaroons


No comments:

Post a Comment