Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

The question of where to purchase my seeds has stumped me every year...until this year.

Last year I got a catalog from the nice folks at Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.  It's a big, glossy catalog with tons of neat pictures of the usual as well as unusual plants. 

But what really caught my attention was the passion of the owner, Jere Gettle, his family and staff to protect heirloom seeds and stop the proliferation of GMO seed.  As a matter of fact, the nice gentleman who helped me on the phone (I had forgotten to order my Amish Pie Pumpkin seeds with my internet order *d'oh!*) told me he moved from Wisconsin to Mansfield, MO to be a part of this organization.  Not only did that impress me but my call was taken with a genuine interest in helping me get what I needed.  In this day of "Press 1 and see if anyone really gives a care...", yup, these folks had me at "hello".

I love knowing that all the seeds I ordered from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds are non-hybrid, non-GMO, non-treated, and non-patented.  Now those are my kind of seeds.

In addition, no gauging here from this fine people on shipping.  For my entire seed order, which was close to 40 packets, the shipping cost was...are you ready for this...a whopping $3.50.  I was told my order should be here in less than 10 days.  They arrived in 4 business days.

Last but not least, germination of the seeds are guaranteed.  I do believe I've found the Nordstrom of heirloom seed companies.

Go take a look for yourself...and let me know that you did.


Disclaimer:  I did not receive any compensation for writing this review.  The opinions expressed are mine alone.  No one threatened, bribed, harassed or coerced me to write this assessment.  Now I'm off to go diggin' in my dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment