Thursday, June 28, 2012

Danish Dough Hook

I gotta say it... This little baby is my new favorite tool in the kitchen.



The bowl for my Kitchenaid mixer is in the freezer right now anticipating when I'm going to make whipped cream for the fresh strawberries we just picked.  Yesterday I had decided to make up some whole wheat sourdough bread (which I promise to share the recipe next week) so today I needed to mix it together.  Normally, I would use my stand mixer to do the dirty work for me.  But I decided to let the bowl keep chillin' and thought I put my dough whisk to the test.  You know.  Take it for a proper test drive.

I've used it to mix muffins, cookie dough, pancake and waffle batter and thought it did a terrific job.  But I had never used it for bread dough...and was I ever amazed.  This weird-looking thing cuts through dough like a dream.

Just thought you'd like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment