What a great way to get some veggies into your diet during the morning!
Sprouted Flour Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1-1/2 C raw milk
- 1 C pumpkin puree (drain any excess liquid if necessary)
- 2 T unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 2 C sprouted soft whole wheat flour
- 3 T sucanat
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t ground allspice
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 2 T gently warmed expeller-pressed coconut oil
- Beat eggs.
- Add milk, pumpkin puree, and vinegar. Stir.
- In separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour, sucanat, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt).
- Add egg mixture to dry mixture. Begin stirring to combine. When about half-way mixed, begin adding warmed coconut oil in a thin stream, stirring while pouring. (This helps to keep the coconut oil from hardening into chunks in your other ingredients.) Avoid over-beating.
- Cook as usual.