This recipe is another part of our New Year's Day dinner tradition.
If you aren't a fan of collard or mustard greens, this does work nicely with spinach, too, although saute time would be reduced until the spinach is just wilted.
Bacony Collard or Mustard Greens
- 6-8 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 C chopped onion
- 1 pound greens, fresh or frozen, chopped
- 1 t Cajun seasoning
- OPTIONAL: Dash Tabasco
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 T butter
- Cook bacon until almost crisp. Add onion and saute until onion is tender and bacon is crisp. Remove from pan and drain off excess fat.
- Add greens and saute 10-15 minutes, adding back bacon grease if needed.
- Add bacon mixture, seasonings, and butter. Toss to melt butter and combine greens evenly with seasonings.