Saturday, December 14, 2013

Parmesan Baked Fish


For the past year, we have been enjoying some kind of fish for dinner on Fridays.  I can normally plan the side dishes I will serve, but for the fish?  I never know what type is freshest at my local fishmonger's, so that's always a bit of a surprise. 

This recipe is one of my stand-by's .  It's from a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook I have had for a gazillion years.  It is simple and good.  How much better can it get?

Parmesan Baked Fish
  • 1 lb. fish, e.g. cod, halibut, rockfish
  • 1/3 C mayonnaise
  • 2 T grated Parmesan
  • 2 T chives or green onion, chopped
  •  ½ t white wine Worcestershire sauce
  • Freshly ground pepper
  1. Rinse fish and pat dry.  
  2. Place in lightly greased pan. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Parmesan, onion and Worcestershire sauce. 
  3. Top fish with mayo mixture and freshly ground pepper. 
  4. Bake uncovered at 450 degrees until fish flakes when tested with fork, approximately 12-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment