For the past year, we have been enjoying some kind of fish for dinner on Fridays. I can normally plan the side dishes I will serve, but for the fish? I never know what type is freshest at my local fishmonger's, so that's always a bit of a surprise.
This recipe is one of my stand-by's . It's from a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook I have had for a gazillion years. It is simple and good. How much better can it get?
Parmesan Baked Fish
- 1 lb. fish, e.g. cod, halibut, rockfish
- 1/3 C mayonnaise
- 2 T grated Parmesan
- 2 T chives or green onion, chopped
- ½ t white wine Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Place in lightly greased pan. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Parmesan, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Top fish with mayo mixture and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake uncovered at 450 degrees until fish flakes when tested with fork, approximately 12-15 minutes.