Peach & Coconut Upside Down Cake
- 1 large can/jar (24 to 29 oz.) peach slices
- ½ C butter
- 2/3 C sucanat
- 2 T reserved syrup from peaches
- 1 C coconut
- ½ C butter, softened
- ¾ C sucanat
- 2 large eggs
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 C sprouted soft wheat flour, sifted
- 2 t baking powder
- Scant ½ t salt
- 1/8 t baking soda
- 1 C milk
- Drain peaches, reserving 2 T of the syrup.
- Melt 8 T butter in 9x9 pan. Stir in sucanat , reserved syrup, and coconut. Spread evenly to cover bottom.
- Arrange peach slices, cut side up, over coconut mixture.
- In mixing bowl, beat ½ C softened butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sucanat.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue beating.
- Blend in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet, alternating with milk.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter evenly over peaches.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or done.
- Cool in pan for 5-8 minutes before inverting onto serving plate.
- Serve warm with freshly whipped cream.