If you love to decorate or are a little, teensy bit of a control freak, that might just bother you. Me? I love it.
Yesterday was the first Sunday in Advent. We lit the first candle on our advent "wreath" and started our Jesse Tree devotions. My hubby purchased a 3' Christmas tree for our Jesse Tree ornaments and the next time I'm at the fabric store, I'll get some burlap to put around the base of it.
What does your family look forward to doing to prepare for Christmas?
Breakfast (a combination of these items):
- Eggs (we've been doing a lot of scrambles that include various veggies like spinach, mushrooms, onion, etc.); bacon or sausage; avocado; fruit/berries;
- Oatmeal with fruit, nuts, and yogurt
- Monday: Honey mustard chicken with brown rice; green beans
- Tuesday: "Kitchen sink" omelets; fried potatoes; green salad
- Wednesday: No Noodle Sausage & Sour Cream Bake; sauteed carrots; whole wheat no-knead sourdough bread
- Thursday: Hamburger patties topped with creamed spinach; roasted spicy sweet potato wedges; Caesar salad
- Friday: Leek puree; fresh fish; gratin dauphinois; best-ever broccoli; rustic sprouted wheat pear-gingerbread cake with maple-sweetened whipped cream
- Saturday: White chicken chili (using leftover turkey)with sprouted beans; cornbread; salad