Sunday, December 1, 2013

An Advent Devotional

Photo Credit
Have you ever come to the end of the  Christmas season and wondered, "Christmas is over... already?"

I have.  More than once.

I confess that I've gotten so caught up in the decorating, gift-buying-making-wrapping, cooking, baking, card-writing-addressing-sending, and everything else that comes with this time of year, that my focus has been off

Last year, we started our Jesse Tree devotions.  Although we didn't do them all, the ones we did were really meaningful.  My hope is that the time we spend together as a family reading about humanity's need for a Savior, the promise of One, and the people of faith that led up to Jesus' arrival, will help remind us of the true meaning of Christmas.

So, this year in addition to our Jesse Tree devotions, we are doing these short Advent readings.

No matter what you do this Christmas season, I hope that you and your family are blessed by it.  Just in case, below are links to the PDF's for those two devotions.
Advent Devotions
Jesse Tree Bible Readings

No comments:

Post a Comment