It's been a while. Did ya miss me? Well, I sure did miss sharing all the good things I've been doing with you! Sometimes life smacks you around a little and I got the wind taken right out of my sails. But I'm back now. And as Forrest Gump would say, "That's all I have to say about that."
Well, here is a great recipe I tried last night that even my picky 8-year old really liked. (Now, that's saying ALOT.) This recipe is similar to a crab cake recipe, only using...you guessed it...ZUCCHINI! I served it with homemade mac & cheese (I'll share the recipe with you soon!) and fresh organic carrot sticks with homemade Ranch dressing. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 1/2 C grated zucchini
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 T butter, melted
- 1 C bread crumbs
- 1/4 C minced onion or 1T dried minced onion
- 1 t Old Bay Seasoning®
- 1/4 C whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour, if that’s all ya got)
- 1/2 C coconut, palm, or olive oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Remove as much water from the grated zucchini as possible. (I lightly salted mine and allowed it to drain in a colander for a couple of hours prior or you can squeeze the excess water out with towels.)
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, and butter. Stir in bread crumbs, minced onion, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into patties. Dredge in flour.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Fry patties in oil until golden brown on both sides.
Live in Victory!