Baked pears with chocolate... I've been making this recipe for a very long time. It's one of those recipes that I can't ever believe gets out of our regular rotation. Yet when I find it again, it's like finding a treasure. I normally make this for simple family dinners, yet have served it when I know I have company coming that is very conscious of their waistline or when I want an unpretentious end to a nice meal.
Baked Pears with Chocolate
- 2 medium pears, halved & cored
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 t vanilla
- 2-3 T broken or roughly chopped good-quality dark chocolate pieces (my favorite is Green & Black's Organic 85% Dark Chocolate!) or chocolate chips
- Optional garnishes: fresh whipped cream & fresh raspberries
- Place pears halves, cut side up, in a pie plate.
- Stir together lemon juice and vanilla. Spoon over pears.
- Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Uncover pears and sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Spoon any liquid in the pie plate over the pears. Serve warm, garnished or not.