Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Baked Pears with Chocolate

Baked pears with chocolate...  I've been making this recipe for a very long time.  It's one of those recipes that I can't ever believe gets out of our regular rotation.  Yet when I find it again, it's like finding a treasure.  I normally make this for simple family dinners, yet have served it when I know I have company coming that is very conscious of their waistline or when I want an unpretentious end to a nice meal.


Baked Pears with Chocolate
Serves 4

  • 2 medium pears, halved & cored
  • 1 T lemon juice
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 2-3 T broken or roughly chopped good-quality dark chocolate pieces (my favorite is Green & Black's Organic 85% Dark Chocolate!) or chocolate chips
  • Optional garnishes:  fresh whipped cream & fresh raspberries

  1. Place pears halves, cut side up, in a pie plate.
  2. Stir together lemon juice and vanilla.  Spoon over pears.
  3. Bake, covered,  at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.  Uncover pears and sprinkle with chocolate pieces.  Spoon any liquid in the pie plate over the pears.  Serve warm, garnished or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment