Orangette last weekend with our homemade fish and chips. It was uncomplicated to make and had a very nice, uncomplicated, fresh flavor. Also, the red cabbage makes a very pretty presentation and was a welcome bit of color on our plates. We loved it and I wanted to share it with you, too.
Red Cabbage Salad with Lemon & Black Pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- ¼ t pressed garlic
- 1/8 t salt
- 1-1/2 lbs. red cabbage
- ¼ C finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To make dressing, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Set aside.
- With sharp knife, shred cabbage as thinly as possible. (1/4”)
- In large bowl, toss cabbage with 2-3 T dressing. (There will be dressing left over.) Add grated cheese and toss. Taste. Add dressing as needed. Season generously with pepper. Serve.