Berry kefir smoothies are by far our favorite. They are so good for you and sooo easy...especially if you have an immersion blender like this one.
Below is my master recipe. It makes about 1-1/2 C of smoothie which is a great size for one, but it is even better enjoyed with a friend.
Kefir Smoothies ~ Master Recipe
- 1 C kefir
- 1/2 C frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blackberries, etc.)
- 1 T Grade B organic maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients & serve immediately.
- Add 1 T raw cacao powder (this is amazing with frozen cherries or banana!)
- 1/2 fresh or frozen banana
- 1 pear, peach or other fruit
- 1 organic egg from pastured hens (makes the drink frothy, like an Orange Julius)
- ground cinnamon, nutmeg or ginger