Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Nut Butter Cacao Kefir Smoothie

Chocolate & Peanut Butter...yum!
Okay.  Who, besides me, looooooves Reeses Peanut Butter Cups?

It's been years since I had one but I used to absolutely adore them.  I stay away from them for obvious reasons, including the last time I had one I became a crazy Reeses Peanut Butter Cup junkie and couldn't control myself.  I hope if I ever do lose my sanity and put one into my mouth that I think they are awful.  Just like how my childhood love affair with Twinkies ended.  I still shudder thinking about just how nasty those things were...

Sorry for the bunny trail.

Anywho, I've been making kefir smoothies for the little gems and me as an afternoon snack.  It's a great way to get the fabulous probiotic benefits of kefir into our systems if you are like us and haven't come to the point where you can drink the stuff straight.

Nut Butter Cacao Kefir Smoothie
  • 1 C milk kefir
  • 1 T organic peanut, almond, or other nut butter
  • 1 t organic cacao
  • 1 t raw honey or 2 t organic Grade B maple syrup
  • 2 t homemade vanilla
  • 1/2 - 1 C ice cubes
  1. Using a blender, thoroughly combine all ingredients.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment