You gotta try this. And it is sooooo easy.
Let me know what you think. Do you like broccoli now, too?
Best Ever Broccoli
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 shallot
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 T olive oil
- Mince shallot and garlic cloves. Set aside.
- Wash and cut broccoli as desired.
- Over medium-high heat, bring about 1 gallon of well-salted water in a large kettle to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain broccoli and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Drain well. (If making a multi-course dinner, you can stop here until you are almost ready to serve.)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Turn heat down if oil begins to smoke.
- Add shallots and garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add broccoli to the pan with the shallots and garlic. Saute just to heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Add salt if needed. Serve immediately.