Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Easy Knitted Dishcloth or Washcloth

Photo credit
Recently, I saw this great post over at DIY Natural about knitting a dishcloth or washcloth. 

It's a wonderful tutorial.  If you don't know a thing about knitting, they have included YouTube links to show you how.

My daughter has been wanting to learn how to knit and I was a little rusty.  I haven't knitted a thing for about ohhhhh maybe 15 years.  One summer I knitted about 10 pairs of socks for my family for Christmas.  It kinda took the joy for knitting out of me for a while...


Anywho... I had some Cream & Sugar cotton yarn in the house and thought I'd give it a spin.  And now I can't seem to stop.

Rating:
  • Easy
Materials:
  • Skein of your favorite “Sugar ‘n Cream” cotton yarn (buy online or at your local craft store)
  • Size 6 or 7 needles (US)
Instructions:
Note: you make this dishcloth from one corner, diagonally to the opposite corner.
  • Cast on 4 stitches.
  • Row 1: Knit 4.
  • Row 2: Knit 2, yarn over, knit across the row.
  • Repeat Row 2 until you have 46 stitches on the needle.
  • Row 3: Knit 1, Knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 2 together, knit to the end of the row.
  • Repeat Row 3 until you have 6 stitches on the needle.
  • Bind off, cut the yarn (to about 6 inches), and weave back into the dishcloth using a yarn or darning needle.
So, what to do with all these fabulous cloths?  I have my own idea, but would love to hear yours, too.  You are so much smarter than me.

Oh, and my daughter is learning to knit.

One last thing...  If you knit them to 35-40 stitches (depending on your needle size and gauge) you should be able to get two cloths out of one skein of yarn.  Just in case you were wondering.


No comments:

Post a Comment