Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Fresh Pears with Bing Cherry Compote



You may have seen that I posted this recipe earlier this week.  I'm not quite sure what I did, but I found myself having to re-post it.  

I know.  Awkward. 


Fresh Pears with Bing Cherry Compote
Serves 4
  • 1 C Bing cherries, fresh or frozen 
  •  ¼ C water 
  •  1 T powdered turbinado
  • Optional: 1/8 t almond extract or 1/2 t Amaretto liqueur
  • 2 pears, cored and diced
  • Optional:  Fresh whipped cream & cinnamon

  1. Make compote by placing cherries , water, and turbinado in small saucepan.  Bring to a boil, then gently simmer until cherries are cooked and sauce has thickened.  Check for sweetness, adding more turbinado if necessary.  Take off heat.  If using almond extract or Amaretto, add that now.  Cool.
  2. When ready to serve, divide pears between serving dishes, topping  with compote.  If desired, top with fresh whipped cream.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment