Well, here is another idea that can put those broken crayons to good use! (I must tell you this is not my idea. I saw it posted recently but can't recall where! So if you are the incredibly crafty person who created this idea...let me know so I can give you due credit!)
Materials you'll need:
- Make crayon shavings with an old pencil sharpener or a knife.
- Tear off a piece of waxed paper and fold in half.
- Place some crayon shavings between the waxed paper.
- Cover with an old towel or newspaper and iron to melt the crayons. (Make sure you have something underneath to protect your table our counter.)
- After the crayon has melted and spread out, trace leaf design and cut out.
- You can tape them onto your windows or string a bunch of them together to create a garland.