As a kid, it would not have been Christmas Eve without apple cider "brewing" in the crockpot with mulling spices. The aroma is incredible and the taste... well, that taste is Christmas. I hope this recipe helps you to create happy memories, too.
Easy Hot Spiced Cider
- 1/2 gallon organic apple cider
- 2-3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1-2 t whole cloves
- 1-2 t whole allspice
- 1/2 orange, cut into 1/4" slices
- Pour apple cider into crock pot. Add spices. Place orange slices on top. Heat on medium for 3 hours or more. (You could also make this on your stovetop. Just place in a kettle and heat on low heat for 2-3 hours.)
- Refrigerate any leftover cider.