|Photo credit: foodsubs.com|
Give it a try and see what you think. If it's still not your thang, give the Soaked Baked Oatmeal a try. It tastes like dessert for breakfast. Who ever thought oatmeal could be so good?
Oatmeal(serves 1 adult)
- 1 C water
- 1 C old-fashioned type organic oats (don't even think of using quick or instant oats... ewwwww!)
- 1/4 t cinnamon, or more
- Optional: raisins, cranberries, blueberries, bananas, peaches, granola, nuts, etc.
- Choose a sweetener: sucanat, honey, maple syrup (don't go overboard)
- Top with raw milk or yogurt
- Bring water (and any dried fruit) to a boil.
- Add oats and cinnamon. Cook at medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until water has been absorbed. Turn off heat.
- Cover and allow to sit for addition 2-5 minutes.
- Serve with whatever fruit or nuts desired.