This is really an easy "go-to" dinner. I normally have everything on hand in my pantry and fridge so if I forgot to plan dinner, this is an easy one to put together. Plus, everyone in my family loves salmon, eggs, and cheese so this is a winner right out of the gate.
Having canned salmon on hand is a really easy way to get some good-for-you Omega-3's in your diet. We love the canned salmon that Costco carries. It's wild, boneless, and skinless...and no BPA in the can. And a great way to have salmon when it's not in season.
Crustless Salmon Quiche
- 2-6 oz. or 1-15½ oz. can(s) salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 C shredded Swiss cheese (or you can substitute with 1/2 mozzarella & 1/2 Parmesan)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 C)
- 2 T whole wheat flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 C milk
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/8 t Tabasco sauce
- Toss together salmon, cheese, onion and flour.
- Place into prepared pie plate or 9x9 pan.
- Combine beaten eggs with salt and Tabasco.
- Pour egg mixture over salmon mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 35-40 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.