Well, I ran across this recipe online at www.allrecipes.com, adapted it to fit our needs, and voila, we have chicken that he will eat. Just as long as I have homemade tartar sauce to go along with it. Ahhhhh...yet another recipe to share...
Crispy Fried Chicken Strips
- 1/2 C dry bread crumbs
- 2 T whole wheat flour
- 2 Tdry potato flakes
- 1 t sea salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil for frying
- 2-3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/2" thickness and cut into strips
- Place bread crumbs, flour, potato flakes, salt, and pepper into a pie plate and mix well.
- Beat eggs in a shallow dish or bowl; heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- One by one, dredge chicken pieces in egg, then dredge in crumb mixture.
- Cook chicken in skillet until golden brown and meat is no longer pink inside.