- Emergency savings - With the current economy, experts recommend that families set aside 6 to 9 months of expenses available in cash.
- Future expenses - Maybe you have an expense in the coming months that you are expecting? Real estate taxes, home/vehicle repair, tuition, etc.
- Invest in starting a business - More than 5 million people have lost their jobs since December 2007 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Starting a business could mean creating not only a job for yourself but others, too.
- Add money to or start a retirement account.
- Invest in yourself by taking a class/classes. This could open up new opportunities with your current employer or make you more marketable if you are looking for a new job.
- Food storage - Financial experts warn of BIG inflation in our future. Save by having 3 months (or more) of food items saved in your home. This could include purchasing a beef or other meat from a local farmer or butcher, canned goods, etc.
20 The wise have wealth and luxury, but fools spend whatever they get. Proverbs 21:20
Live in Victory! Lynette