Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hummus

Yum.  I love hummus.  I go through spurts of making lots of hummus...yet there are times when I totally forget it's existence...and I don't know why!  I love hummus because it is a low-calorie, full-flavored, protein-packed treat that can be eaten as a dip for veggies and crackers or added as a condiment to your favorite sandwich.  Sometimes I've been known to just eat it straight out of the dish with a spoon...you know, like peanut butter?
Well today, students, I get to share with you my most favoritest hummus recipe of all!  :-)
Hummus
  • 1 pint jar/can garbanzo beans, somewhat drained but not rinsed
  • 1/2 red pepper, roasted (optional)
  • 3 T lemon juice
  • 2 T tahini (a sesame paste you can find in the ethnic food section of grocery stores)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 t cumin
  • 1/4 t cayenne pepper
  • 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
  • 2 T olive oil
Place all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.  Enjoy!


Doggone chickens...

No comments:

Post a Comment